EMPLOYEE SPOTLIGHT – Tony Zeigler
Tony started at Beverage Distributors in 1965 as a helper on the trucks. He then decided it was time to move into an official driver position for 4 years. After that Tony became a district manager and worked his way through many areas of BDI, such as an Area Manager, Salesman, Sales Supervisor, Sales Account Manager and eventually retired in 2001. After only having 2 days into retirement, Tony decided he couldn’t stay away and came back to BDI as our evening dispatcher. In March of this year, Tony will mark 57 years with Beverage Distributors. When asked what he loved about BDI, his answer was “everything!”. We couldn’t be more blessed to have him on our team! When Tony does take some time for himself, he enjoys gardening, keeping the yard clean, eating out with his wife and playing with his 2 granddaughters.
Thank you for all you do Tony!/p>
Beverage Distributors is certified by the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) as part of the Distributors against Human Trafficking program
- January was National Human Trafficking Awareness month
- We have multiple team members certified from the NBWA training course
- We have made large signs for the back of our trucks with the National Human Trafficking hotline number and placed them in high volume trafficking areas
- We have provided shirts to our drivers and some of our retailers with the National Human trafficking hotline on them
- We have provided information cards for our retailers showing the warning signs and what to be looking for and how to react if they suspect something
- Our employees had a payroll deduction for the Renee Jones Empowerment Center of Cleveland and raised over $1,000 in January to help fund programs to help local victims of Human Trafficking
Thank you to our team for coming together and helping our community!
What is Beverage Distributors doing to combat COVID-19 with our employees & retailers- UPDATE
The CDC and Health Department of Ohio have given us great guidance as to help our employees and retailers. Below are just a few ways we are implementing at BDI.
- Social Distancing throughout the entire plant
- Limiting hours open to the public. Mon-Fri 9am- 3:30 pm
- All drivers, sales reps have received medical disposable gloves, masks (both disposable & washable/reusable), hand sanitizer and wipes. These are to be used after each individual stop
- Everyone is frequently reminded to stock up on these products when at our warehouse
- Our employees are out early in the mornings before peak shopping time as much as possible and out of the accounts before peak shopping times.
- Our front office employees and daily in house sales employees are currently working on a rotating schedule to help keep exposure levels low
- BDI has implemented a new cleaning company throughout our plant
- BDI has offered all employees a chance to have their personal vehicles cleaned out by the Emergency Clean Team LLC. BDI also had all of our equipment/vans/fleet cleaned as well.
- Doing our best to adhere to ever changing policies & procedures handed down to us by our chain accounts.
THE BREW KETTLE
The return of BLACK RAJAH!
A Black IPA full of tropical fruit players and assertive bitterness and a hint of roasted malt. Featuring Citra hops. 6.8% ABV
Make sure to check out our website for updates and a complete list of what we carry!
We wanted to be able to have all the information you need in one great place. It is complete and ready for you. Check us out and feel free to give us any feedback. We will also have a customer portal coming soon in which our customers will be able to check their past invoices, place orders (if they would like) and more!
You can also access FINTECH (automatic transfer of funds) registration on here as well. Make your business more safe by eliminating cash transfer of hands. Click below to fill out the form.
REFRESH YOUR WINTER
The first Long Drink Inspired FMB!
A new refreshing beverage inspired by a traditional Finish cocktail called the Long Drink. This sparkling citrus refresher @ 5.8% ABV is made from a delicious & session-able blend of citrus flavors and Nordic inspired ingredients for a uniquely thirst-quenching beverage that’s perfect for any occasion. Sweet, tart and refreshingly packed with flavor.
6 packs- Citrus & Berry
24oz cans- Citrus & Berry
Variety 12 pack
NEW AGE BEVERAGE DIVISION
In 2005, Dr. Rollins was looking for a way to help his wife stay healthy and hydrated through her chemotherapy treatments. He tried all the popular hydration products but nothing was effective. As a result, his wife had to resort to IV bags to keep up with her treatments. He decided to develop his own solution–a liquid supplement that offers the same benefits of an IV but in a drinkable form. And so, Biolyte was created!
Flavors–Citrus and Berry