A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
Happy New Year! We made it to 2021. We have a lot to look forward to in the new year, but as always, please make sure to grab a BDI product, sit back, and reflect on the good moments of 2020. Then you can truly look forward to a new and exciting year.
Cheers to 2021!
BDI Community Involvement
As 2020 looks different for everyone, it also looks different for the BDI Giving Tree. In years past, all of our team has donated various books, toys, clothing, food and money to several local charities. This year we have decided that in light of Covid-19, we would just do an automatic payroll deduction and donate to a few of our local charities. The recipients of this year’s giving tree will be the Cleveland Food Bank, Ronald McDonald House and BDI is adopting a family through the Cuyahoga County Department of Children and Family Services. As of this posting, we are currently at $1060 which will be graciously matched by Beverage Distributors. Therefore we are at $2120 to donate back to our community and hopefully more when all is said and done. Please do what you can this holiday season to help someone in the community.
Goodbye 2020 and hello 2021! BDI banded together in the month of December and ended up raising over $3300 for our giving tree. This money was then given to the Greater Cleveland Hunger Network, RAKE (Random Acts of Kindness Everywhere), The May Dugan Center and we adopted 6 families through the Department of Child and Family Services of Cleveland.
We love any chance we get to give back to our community and play a part in making times better for others. If you have an idea for our community involvement, please email Rita Gaertner at Rgaertner@beveragedist.com.
Happy New Year to all!
What is Beverage Distributors doing to combat COVID-19 with our employees & retailers- UPDATE
- The CDC and Health Department of Ohio have given us great guidance as to help our employees and retailers. Below are just a few ways we are implementing at BDI.
- Social Distancing throughout the entire plant
- Limiting office hours open to the public. Mon-Fri 9am- 3:30 pm
- All drivers, sales reps have received medical disposable gloves, masks (both disposable & washable/reusable), hand sanitizer and wipes. These are to be used after each individual stop.
- Everyone is frequently reminded to stock up on these products when at our warehouse
- Our employees are out early in the mornings before peak shopping time as much as possible and out of the accounts before peak shopping times.
- We have staggered the times the sales reps are in the building to pick up POS to ensure no congregation for their safety
- Our front office employees and daily in house sales employees are currently working on a rotating schedule to help keep exposure levels low
- BDI has implemented a new cleaning company throughout our plant
- BDI has purchased our own machine to sanitize our offices and equipment daily
- BDI has upgraded our HVAC system to ensure solid air flow and clean air flow throughout the plant.
- BDI has offered all employees a chance to have their personal vehicles cleaned out by the Emergency Clean Team LLC. BDI also had all of our equipment/vans/fleet cleaned as well
- Doing our best to adhere to ever changing policies & procedures handed down to us by our chain accounts and our independent accounts
How is Beverage Distributors doing it’s part in this fight?
- We are working to certify all of our employees on the warning signs of human trafficking
- They have the opportunity to be eyes on the streets
- We have added signs on the back of a few of our trucks to instruct people to call the anonymous number if they see something suspicious. These trucks are in heavily trafficked areas
- We are having t-shirts made for our drivers to wear out in the market
- Anything we can do to help fight against human trafficking!
CRAFT SEASONAL SPOTLIGHT
Rusty Rail Brewing Birthday Suit Imperial Ale
It is a cake-inspired imperial ale called Birthday Suit, brewed with lactose and vanilla.
- 7.5 % ABV | 25 IBU
Available in: 16oz 4PK | PTR: $52.77, SSP: $10.99
Have you seen our new website?
GET IT WHILE IT’S HOT
Dogfish Head Hazy-O!
It’s Oh, so Juicy! This beer starts with literally truckloads of oats & wheat for a full body, then it’s liberally dry-hopped to deliver juicy tropical notes of citrus, mango and pineapple. But the real star is the 4 types of Oats!
Oat Milk to amplify the haze and mouthfeel
Malted Oats to provide cloudiness & body
Rolled Oats to create a silky mouthfeel
Naked Oats to give a subtle toasted, nutty flavor
The result is a world-class Hazy IPA that’s incredibly juicy & hop-forward while being smooth and refreshing.
7.1% ABV | 45 IBU
Available in: 6 pack- $9.99, 1/2BBL $165.00
CLEVELAND BROWNS WINE IN A CAN!
Limited Edition Cleveland Browns Cans from Graham + Fisk’s Wine-In-A-Can! 5x Wine Enthusiast “Best Buy” award winning wine in a 250mL Can! Retails for $3.99 per can. 100% California wine made by a Cleveland company. The perfect at-home tailgating drink.
GET YOURS TODAY